Nursing (BS) Sample Resume
123 North Street, DeKalb, IL 60115 ● [email protected] ● (123)555-5555
A position as a registered nurse at Sherman Hospital with special interests in obstetrics and pediatrics.
Bachelor of Science, Nursing, Northern Illinois University, DeKalb, IL, May 20XX
Language Skills: Conversant in Spanish and American Sign Language
Edward Hospital, Naperville, IL, Summer 20XX
• Labor & Delivery: Initiated NST, assisted with vaginal deliveries, and prepared patients for C-section.
• Developed supportive relationships with patients and attended to the unique needs of each patient/family.
• Collaborated with team members to effectively manage patient pain and support birth plans
• Educated and supported mothers during breastfeeding; recognized for demonstrating multicultural sensitivity in developing
rapport with patients and families.
• Fine-tuned skill in completing newborn assessments and delivering postpartum care.
NURSING STUDENT CLINICAL EXPERIENCE
Sherman Hospital, Elgin, IL, Fall 20XX
• ER: Strengthened critical thinking skills by assessing, analyzing and implementing holistic care.
• Gained skill in efficiently multi-tasking in a heavily utilized trauma center; commended for maintaining a professional, calm
presence under pressure.
• Telemetry: Reviewed charts and physician orders to implement comprehensive treatment plans for patients.
• Supported patients and families in managing emotional issues associated with critical illness.
• Worked collaboratively with team members to deliver outstanding patient care.
Central DuPage Hospital, Winfield, IL, Spring 20XX
• Pediatrics: Acted as a liaison between patients, family members and physicians in delivering care and treatment
• Demonstrated creativity and patience in calming scared children and an ability to act as a sounding board for scared, nervous or
McHenry County Health Department, Woodstock, IL, Fall 20XX
• Gained knowledge of home health nursing by assisting with nurses’ visits for the McHenry Care Program and Lead Prevention
• Enhanced knowledge of community challenges and resources by visiting food pantries, clinics and shelters.
Provena St. Joseph Medical Center, Joliet, IL, Spring 20XX
• ICU: Communicated in Spanish with patients and families; interpreted and analyzed lab results.
Delnor Community Hospital, Geneva, IL, Summer 20XX
• Triaged ER patients and provided comfort to family members following the death of a loved one.
Performed chest compressions during a code on a trauma patient.
Linden Oaks at Edward Hospital, Naperville, IL, Summer 20XX
• Utilized strong listening skills to develop rapport with patients presenting mental health issues.
• Collaborated with a multidisciplinary team to lead therapy groups on feelings, self-esteem and anger.
Certified Nursing Assistant, Rockford Memorial Hospital, Rockford, IL, May 20XX-Present
• Support nursing staff and physicians; provide compassionate care for maternity patients and newborns.
• Received Rockford Memorial Star of the Month in May 20XX in recognition of commitment to quality, service, and teamwork.
Vice-President, Student Nurses’ Organization, Northern Illinois University, DeKalb, IL Fall 20XX-Spring 20XX
• Cooperate with chapter President to provide leadership and organize activities for a 150 member organization.
LICENSE & CERTIFICATIONS
• Registered Nurse
• BLS, ACLS –American Heart Association