Sample Nursing Resume
Tracy Q. Graduate
456 College Hall
Normal, IL 67890
123 Main Street
Anytown, TX 12345
OBJECTIVE: Pediatric nursing position with a major hospital in the Dallas area.
SUMMARY: • 3 years experience in the medical field, 1 year in pediatrics
• CPR Certified, Red Cross Trained
• Familiar with IV’s, immunizations, neonatal care
EDUCATION: Bachelor of Science in Nursing, Expected May 2009
Illinois State University Normal, Illinois
GPA of 3.9 on a 4.0 scale
Courses taken included:
Management and Leadership Pediatrics
Community Health Nursing of Childbearing Families
Health Appraisal Rehabilitation
Critical Care Nursing Psychiatric Mental Health
EXPERIENCE: Nursing Internship May 2006 to August 2007
Children’s Hospital Dallas, Texas
• Summer intern responsible for covering for vacationing LPNs.
• Primarily assigned to the Intensive Care ward.
• Responsible for updating chart information, including temperatures, blood
pressure and pulse of all patients in the ward.
• Delivered and administered daily doses of oral medications.
• Updating charts (while under supervision of floor RN) to reflect changes in
Nursing Assistant May 2003 to July 2005
May 2003 to August 2003
Methodist Hospital Dallas, Texas
• Provided assistance to nursing staff on an as-needed basis.
• Answered patient calls for care and feeding.
• Assisted immobile patients with bathing, feeding and clothing.
ACTIVITIES: • Vice President, Student Nurse Association, 2006-2007
• Captain, Women’s Intramural Volleyball Team, 2004-2007