Customer Service Resume Sample
TYRONE R. POWERS
Successful Manager | Results-driven Training Director | Telemarketing Expert
SUMMARY OF QUALIFICATIONS
Over 5 years’ customer service and management experience in call center operations.
Proficient educator and coach with ability to communicate clearly to any audience.
Superlative curriculum/program development and implementation skills.
Excellent multi-tasking abilities; quick and effective problem solver.
Highly adaptable; thrive on challenges and excel in new environments.
Able to produce positive results independently; extremely self-motivated.
Loyal and dependable, believing internal principles dictate performance.
BEST CORPORATION 1998 – Present
Training Director, Montego Bay, Jamaica, March 2003 – Present
Oversee all employee training and development for twin facility inbound/outbound call center
employing over 850 Telesales Representatives providing customer service and telemarketing
services. Supervise 2 Senior Trainers, 12 Trainers, and 7-member Quality Analysis department,
consistently ensuring program criteria and in-house standards are upheld. Coordinate with client
companies including AT&T, Citibank, Target, and Chase to develop and implement training
programs according to specific sales and service goals. Monitor staffing requirements, assigning
employees according to program goals while closely monitoring labor costs.
• Designed and implemented new evaluation system measuring training retention of new
employees using spreadsheets to track performance during 3-5 day Nesting period.
• Created Trainer Certification program, greatly improving efficiency and morale through
example-based leadership, clear expectations, and individual accountability.
• Improved Contacts per Hour (CPH) and Sales Per Hour (SPH) performance of Telesales
Representatives while increasing nesting period graduation rate by 30% in only 2 months.
Training Manager, Lubbock, TX, February 2002 – March 2003
• Responsible for coaching and coordinating training teams for 10 call centers nationwide
including site in Lubbock with over 430 Marketing Representatives.
• Instilled loyalty and dedication to excellence with staff, decreasing Trainer turnover rate
from 60% upon taking position to 0% prior to promotion to Training Director.
• Received consistently positive feedback from clients and increased measurable class
retention rate by 30% over tenure.
Production Manager, February 2001 – February 2002
• Managed 4 Operations Team Leaders and oversaw own team, leading all staff to surpass
conversion goals and encouraging individual employee development.
(Best Corporation continued)
2116 Main Street
Lubbock, TX 79411
C: (876) 355 -5567
H: (806) 456 -5634
Kami R. Powers Page 2
Operations Team Leader June 2000 – February 2001
• Supervised 20-30-member Marketing Representative Teams, mentoring and developing
staff to successfully surpass performance goals.
Trainer, December 1999 – June 2000
• Trained over 3,000 new and existing Marketing Representatives and was responsible for
performance monitoring and evaluation during nesting periods of all new staff.
• Initially hired as Marketing Representative while still in high school, quickly promoted to
Trainer position after short time with company.
• Achieving Company Excellence (ACE) Award, October 2001
• Going Extra Mile (GEM) Award, April 2000
• Operations Team Leader of the Month, November 1999
AMERICAN INTERCONTINENTAL UNIVERSITY, Hoffman Estates, IL,
Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, online, May 2004
SOUTH PLAINS COLLEGE, Levelland, TX
Key coursework in business management
Certified AT&T Trainer, June 2003
Certified Nextel Trainer, April 2004
MS Office ◦ ADE/Blackwolf Platform ◦ PeopleSoft ◦ Outbound Scheduling System (OSS)