DEPARTMENT: Front Office
RESPONSIBLE TO: Reception Manager
To ensure that the highest standards of hospitality and welcome are
demonstrated at all times. To complete all relevant procedures as laid
Main Responsibilities/Key Tasks
1. To be fully conversant with special promotions offered by the
hotel and to pass this information on to the guest whenever the
2. To promote the other departments within the hotel at every given
opportunity in order to maximise hotel sales.
3. To make sure that all reservations have the correct deposit taken.
4. To ensure that all confirmations are sent out by the end of the shift.
5. To be aware of the hotel availability and that every opportunity
to maximise room sales is taken.
6. Provide a hospitable service to the standards laid down by the
7. To offer assistance to other departments, including Bar,
Restaurant, Spa and Housekeeping whenever you are needed.
8. Whenever possible to anticipate guests needs, to be aware of all
written and spoken requests, to carry out these requests in a
courteous and helpful manner.
9. To be fully conversant and able to operate the hotel’s front office
10. To ensure that all charges are correctly posted to the guests bills
following the standard procedures.
11. To deal with cash, cheque and credit transactions and to ensure
that any discrepancies are reported immediately.
12. To ensure that all messages received for guests are passed on
accurately and as quickly as possible.
13. To carry out all Reception duties following procedures as outlined
in the S.O.P. Manual.
14. To ensure the security of guests property, and lost property
following security procedures
15. To ensure the correct levels of stationary are maintained in
16. To arrive for work at the correct time and to ensure your
appearance follows the hotels set standards.
17. To undertake any other reasonable duties directed as by the
Skills and abilities
1. The ability to empathise and communicate with a diverse range
2. The ability to work under pressure
3. To build and maintain a good working relationship with
colleagues and customers at all levels.
4. To be adaptable
5. To be self-motivated with the ability to complete routine and
non-routine tasks as needed.
6. Good attention to detail with the ability to spot errors and
question information received.
7. The ability to empathise and communicate with a diverse range
8. Basic numeric skills – being able to do basic calculations
9. Educated to GCSE standard Maths & English or equivalent
10. previous experience of working within a customer facing role
11. Experience of working with confidential information
12. Willingness to learn how to use and maintain unfamiliar
equipment or computer programmes etc
13. Must be flexible to work shifts over a 7 day period.
1. Experience of working within a busy Hotel reception